Businesses that are successful and growing sometimes have the need to hire additional help but it adds overhead and cuts into business profits. Businesses should look into virtual services offering virtual solutions to any additional tasks or projects they need. Plus, there are lots of benefits of hiring a virtual assistant for your business.
I’ve put together a few reasons for motivation for hiring a Virtual Assistant. Actually, for start-ups, it is advisable that your first hire is none other than a skilled VA. Outsourcing should be a part of any businesses recruitment strategy. It can tremendously compliment your daily operations, improve your time management and improve your work-life balance. Here’s why:
- VAs saves time and money, therefore, drives business growth- Outsourcing is one way to save on your operational costs. A Virtual Assistant is less expensive than a full-time employee. Why? Essentially, you don’t need to pay for employee benefits such as health insurance and other employment premiums. You can also save expenses on things like additional taxes, office space, and equipment because there’s no need for you to purchase additional office furniture, computers, telephones or office supplies as your assistant will be working from a remote location. Another cost reduction would be training costs. There are exceptional VAs that you can hire and since they wear different hats on their field, you don’t need to set a lot of paid training hours for them. You can also choose the duration of the contract so if you feel you need a part-time VA, you can clearly disclose it during the hiring process.
- VAs can help you with answering emails, scheduling social media and performing other routine tasks. – So you can focus on what matters most for your business and you can better utilize your time and your other staff to do more important tasks for your business. Digital agencies usually hire skilled freelancers to assist them mainly on social media management and other routine tasks such as simply organizing their Dropbox shared folders or Trello boards. VAs are pretty heaven-sent so they can reduce your workload.
- VAs are really hardworking rockstar individuals and got no drama – Sometimes, workplace drama can result in some businesses especially if employees don’t get along really well. A Virtual Assistant doesn’t get caught up gossiping on work time and won’t come to work late or simply not show up and won’t be late when coming back from lunch. Simply, this eliminates employee drama from your workplace, or at least reduce it.
- VAs have flexible working schedules – Virtual Assistants can fit their hours into your working schedule, regardless of their location but can still deliver high-quality services offerings. This is also perfect for businesses with retail or e-commerce sites where they have to be available 24/7 to their customers. Hire a VA from a different time zone and your business will still run 24/7 even on holidays! The timezone differences can provide you with greater flexibility in task management as well. So, for example, your business is in Australia and you have a VA hired from Canada, the one-day time difference can make a huge impact on your business overall work and operations scalability.
- VAs are well-rounded rockstar individuals – Because they wear many hats, if there are some areas of your business you’d really want to include but don’t have the time to do it yourself, a Virtual Assistant can absolutely do this for you. From graphic design, content management, administrative, social media management, digital marketing, accounting/bookkeeping, and other mundane tasks you are saved absolutely by hardworking VAs behind your business.
A Virtual Assistant can become one of the best assistants and business partners you have ever had. Tell me how your Virtual Assistant helped you…..I would love to hear experiences!
Does running your business make you feel like you are drowning? Do you look at hiring a Virtual Assistant? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get started!